Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

Since the last one week, i keep getting a serious cramp

Customer Question

since the last one week, i keep getting a serious cramp below my below button and right above my legs (pelvic region) just before i either fart, want to pee or for number two. could this be something that a i should contact a gynae or a GP about?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Do you feel tenderness (pain on applying pressure) on pelvic area?

Any irregularity in periods?

When did you have your last period?

Any nausea or vomiting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As opposed to tenderness i feel bloated, went to hospital last week they took a blood test plus xray! They said i had alot of gas. Also gave me a laxative so am not constipated plus my blood showed no infection.
My last period was about last week of November and am not pregnant coz i have an arm implant for birth control. So yes abit of irregularity with the period. The whole year i did not have any irregularities till then.
I do feel a little pain when i apply pressure on the pelvic region.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the reply.

The symptoms you have described of cramps below your belly button & in pelvic region along with bloating feeling can have all kinds of different causes, as it is a symptom of many different diseases.

The most common causes are: rectal disease,bladder disease (stones, cystitis),or salpingo-oopheritis(inflammation of ovary and/or fallopian tube).

Another possibility can be of gastric trouble as shown in x-ray.

A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

So considering your symptoms,my advise for you is that it will be a good idea to make an appointment with your gyne doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause and then treatment will be done accordingly.

I hope this helped.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh