Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN
Experience:  General OB/GYN, complicated obstetrics, complicated GYN
62949540

I think had a uti and a yeast infection at the same time I

Customer Question

I think had a uti and a yeast infection at the same time I did a monistat treat and started drinking Azo. Now the itching and iratation is a lot better but it feels like my vagina is having hot flashes. Any thoughts on what it can be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Tim, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I would be happy to help.

It is not uncommon for the monistat treatment to cause burning in the initial stages of treatment. I have had patients report this to me in the past. A better way to treat the likely yeast infection is with a medication called diflucan. It is an oral medication that is very effective for yeast infections. You would have to call your doctor for a prescription.

If you do not have access to a doctor, then you should continue with the yeast medication and expect that this burning should improve over the next 24 hours. If it does not, then seek the care of an OB/GYN.

Does this answer your question?

Dr. Tim