Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I am beginning to have a hot feeling around my ears and face

Customer Question

I am beginning to have a hot feeling around my ears and face and perspire on my arms suddenly. Is this what is called hot flashes? Also, if I am experiencing hot flashes, does that mean I am not able to conceive although I still have irregular bleeding every other month?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you.

What is your age? host flashes are experienced around perimenopausal age. Yes hot feeling around ears can be one complaint.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 53; but I still have some spotting at times. I have also taken the home menopause test to see if I am on menopause but I am negative. Am I still able to conceive at my age if I have hot flashes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would love to have a child even at my age because I don't look like the typical 53 year old woman. I also have never been married. I am hoping that I can have one child before I am on my menopause.

Hi, Though you don't look 53 or your periods never stopped, we actually do not know how your ovulation is going on. At this age the capacity of producing eggs decreases and the quality of egg also decreases. But, you can try consulting your doctor, if you want to try any pregnancy, you need to be strictly supervised and monitored through out.

Hotflashes are due to estrogen deficiency and you need a hormonal assessment to plan further.

Consult a gynaecologist, so that she can guide you with the steps.

I’m glad I helped you today. If done for now, please leave positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.

If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just curious, have you had any patients that are in their 50s who have conceived and gave birth? Thanks for all responses. I will rate you shortly! Thank you so much!

Hi, Yes, I have patients who conceived around 40 to 45 age. Not above 50 plus I can say. But, as I said get examined and tested by a gynaecologist to plan further.

Request for a positive feedback and rating. Bonus is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, Do you mind rating the answer positively [clcik on 5th star], only then I'm compensated for the answer :) Thanks for that.