Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have a merina coil. I have passed very thick clear jelly

Customer Question

Hi I have a merina coil for contraception. I have passed very thick clear jelly like mucous and don't know why ?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne with 30+ years of experience. I can help you today.

The thick clear jelly like mucous is cervical mucous. One of the ways in which the Mirena works is by increasing and thickening the normal cervical mucous. This is not worrisome at all. It's not the sign of any type of worrisome issue what so ever.

It's perfectly normal.

I hope this is reassuring and helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything or add details.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 10 months ago.

If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.