Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

My vagina feels swollen, and very painful. It's inner

Customer Question

My vagina feels swollen, and very painful. It's inner opening is where most the pain seems to be from. Although I haven't looked or touched it in fear of more pain. I was having discharge of a off white and it was clumpy now it's watery and I can't hold it in or even feel when it's going to happen it'll I'm "peeing" my pants. Witch isn't painful. When I actually try to pee it's VERY painful. Walking around is not fun either.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

A swollen and painful vagina with pain when peeing is most often due to genital herpes. Herpes can also cause a vaginal discharge.

I urge you to see a doctor soon for a diagnosis. Herpes can be verified by a herpes culture.

In the meantime, sitting in water with epsom salts will be soothing and healing regardless of the cause. Best wishes.