Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have done a cervical biopsy and I have I have been told I

Customer Question

Hi. I have done a cervical biopsy and I have I have been told I have HPE-squamous metaplasia to CIN-1 changes. This was in India. Now I have come back to Zimbabwe and had another pathologist look at my biopsy and she grades it to CIN-2. I have been told to do surgery but I'm hesitant if it doesn't need to be done as I have heard some people say it can go away. I am married for 8 years. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and said to have a right blocked Fallopian tube. I have been pregnant once before, 5 yrs ago but had a surgical abortion.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Do you want pregnancy further?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks

In case of CIN1 repeat the cytology after 6 months and after 12 months.

In case of CIN2 treatment is required like excisional biopsy and ablation if required. These will not affect your preg***** *****ce.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What's ablation?

It is a opd procedure where the cells of the affected site is destroyed either by thermal or freezing mechanism.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What about scar tissue after a procedure like this? How long does this procedure take. How soon after can you get pregnant. Is a condition like this likely to come back after or during pregnancy. What can you take for a condition like this to not come back like vitamins or something ? What should I avoid for this not to be a problem again?

Thanks

Scar tissue does not affect your preg***** *****ce.

The procedure will take 5 to 10 min.Avoid pregnancy for 6weeks after this procedure.It may come back and so follow up is required every 6 months. Vitamins or any drug can not alter the situation.

Thanks again.