Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I made a huge mistake and not sure where to turn. I am

Customer Question

I made a huge mistake and not sure where to turn. I am hoping for a positive outcome but here's my issue.... On sept 25th 2015, I had sex with two men. With the 1st guy it was early afternoon around 1:30p and I used vaginal contraceptive gel applied 20mins prior to intercourse. The gel according to the manufacturer is good immediately and up to 1 hour. Then later that same day around 5:30p I had sex with guy 2, no barrier method. I there threw up two days later all day, then got implantation bleeding on October 8-9. Very spotty. I'm now 16 weeks pregnant and praying with everything that I am that guy 2 is the father. Would the probability be higher that guy 2 is the father since no barrier method was used?! I'm freaking and stressing and completly understand the magnitude of my poor judgement and thinking ...
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 months ago.

Vaginal gel is about 60 percent effective. So it's less likely he is the father. Obviously you will need paternity testing

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
According to this manufacturer, because I did reach out.. The non-proxyl 9 used in this product alone is about 75-82% effective. Egh...