Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I used Monistat 7 last night, and I had some vaginal itching

Customer Question

I used Monistat 7 last night, and I had some vaginal itching and irritation. This would be my first yeast infection, and I went about using this product without the assistance of a doctor. I'm not sure if I should continue using this product because of the symptoms I have. I also found some blood in my discharge last night when I removed the Monistat tube (there was a small amount of blood on the tube), and again during the day today. I know I don't have an STI because I was recently checked, and I've been drinking cranberry juice in case I had a bladder infection, but I didn't see a difference in the milky/heavy discharge, and the minor itching that I've been having. My question is, should I go ahead and do day 2 of the Monistat kit?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 11 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

It would be ideal for you to have urgent examination , and get examination of discharge so that appropriate treatment may be offered to you .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .