Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

Starting to pass small clots after two days of feeling like

Customer Question

Starting to pass small clots after two days of feeling like i have extreme sometimes unbearable pressure to push a baby out. But there is no baby there that I have knowledge of, but feels like in labor when you push the baby out. Had mirena put in beginning of September, it expelled itself and had to be fully removed by ob/gyn. Nothing I would consider a period since the full removal. As a note we thought a couple days before with faint positives on pregnancy tests but didnt believe it may be true so went on with insertion anyways. Positives slowly faded to nothing 3-4 post mirena insertion. Could this somehow all be related? Is there a chance I am pregnant from then and tests have not pickes it up. The only time I had an ultrasound it would have been too soon to see evidence of pregnancy. Could this all be connected?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, board certified obgyn. I believe you should have an ultrasound of the pelvis to see what is going on. Speculating about pregnancy, the Mirena and sometimes unbearable pressure like pushing a baby out need to be addressed and peace of mind with the results.