How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2537
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** and I am 35, nearly 36 of age. I just

Customer Question

Customer: Hello my name is ***** ***** and I am 35, nearly 36 of age. I just received my smear test results and was diagnosed with "severe non-specific inflammatory cellular changes". My gynae said I should undertake treatment. I am concerned about my age, fertility and potential abnormalities in pregnancy as I have no kids and I plan on getting pregnant within the next few months. I am also considering sperm donation combined with gender selection (PGS with IVF) as I dont have a partner but I would like to have a child before it's too late. Could you please offer some guidance? Many thanks in advance, ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I I have repeat bacterial vaginosis and I also had a byopsy to ascertain whether the uterine polyps were cancerous, which resulted in the negative. However, I still do have polyps and I occasionally have mid-cycle bleeding. All these issues, coupled with the age issue, is worrying me a lot, particularly the increased risk of a Down's sydrome
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to OB GYN Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I would like to make sure I have a healthy baby even if I am a single mother. I was on a long term relationship but now it's over and I am not inclined to start all over again. I would like to do it on my own basically
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I made the payment. How do I proceed please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is how possible is it to undergo the procedure of IVF combined with PGS for gender selection. I want to have a healthy baby girl as a single mother using a sperm donor. I am overly concerned about my age and the matters I've been diagnosed with over these last few years. I would greatly appreciate a prompt response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your pap smear results showing cellular changes.

you might need a colposcopy and biopsy of your cervix to see why it is inflamed.

did you get HPV testing of your pap smear cells?

Expert:  Dr David replied 1 year ago.

yes, it is possible to undergo IVF with gender selection

but first your cervical inflammation has to be diagnosed and worked up