Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

Last week I got two painless sores in my vulva area. They

Customer Question

Hi. Last week I got two painless sores in my vulva area. They didn't itch, burn, or cause any pain. I decided to go to my doctor & get tested for STDs and they all came back negative. I was Dx with a UTI & BV. I am now on two antibiotics. My two old sores are healing, no scabbing, it just feels like apart of my skin, but I have two smaller sores that have appeared, but doesn't itch, burn or cause any pain? What could it be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.

I am assuming that you were tested fro herpes as part of the STD test and that came back negative too. And if the sores do not itch or burn, then they are not due to herpes.

What is likely is that the ulcers are due to the BV - the bacterial infection in the vagina spreading to the surrounding skin. This can occur in some women with a very low immune status. Since you are already on 2 antibiotics, i hope that you also taking a multimineral multivitamin supplement to boost your immune system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was assuming it was BV when she first Dx me & yes, I got tested for herpes as well. My main concern was that the two old sores healed & two smaller ones, exactly like those, popped. They are not blisters or anything. They don't hurt if I touch them. It's just worrying me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant popped up.

That is because the Bv has not been completely cleared as yet. Occasionally, infections can occur , although with less intensity, even after antibiotics are started. If the antibiotic course is over but sores recur, please consult your doctor - you may need more a broad spectrum antibiotic.

I hope this helped.

Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BV does cause sores?

Yes, BV can cause sores if it is severe enough.