Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

My daughter is in severe pain with fibroids and a cyst on

Customer Question

my daughter is in severe pain with fibroids and a cyst on her ovaries real heavy bleeding can hardly walk her surgery is not scheduled until feb 2016 have been to emergency room 3 times in 5 days keep giving her pain meds is there anything we can do
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, board certified obgyn. How old is your daughter, how large are the fibroids and how long is there heavy bleeding? Surgery is planned next month which should help in the long run.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
42 years old don't know how large bleeding heavy about month is there danger to her health

Continued bleeding is not good and only some type of surgery will handle the problem. If the fibroids are large then the best surgery would be to remove the uterus with the fibroids. Surgery always has risk but the fibroids are probably the cause of pain and bleeding. The ovary cyst is probably not cancer and the doctor would decide what to do with the ovaries. Hopefully, she won't need a transfusion of blood with the surgery.