Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I stopped taking Estradiol 4 months ago on the advice of my

Customer Question

I stopped taking Estradiol 4 months ago on the advice of my primary care physician after 40 years of hormone therapy and wonder if the sudden onset of a Baker's Cyst and arthritis in my knee and finger joints could be a result of this sudden stop....I am a 69 year old female.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

The sudden appearance of Baker's cyst or arthritis has nothing to do with you stopping the hormone therapy.

So I do not think it is related and I think this is just a coincidence.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply...you confirmed what I already thought but I wanted a quick professional opinion for my own peace of mind.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome.

I would appreciate it if you rate me for my services before you leave as that is the only way I am credited on here.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already rated this once. There was a woman physician who was to answer me for the dollar amount of $18.00...as I was NOT in a big hurry to get a reply...this is the amount I agreed to pay, and, as I stated, I have thanked and replied once already. Any higher charge will be denied on my credit card. This is the third or fourth email I have received concerning this...please let it be the last one.
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya, General Physician attending you today,

Do you want me to continue helping you? I'm little confused with the above conversation you had with the other doc, so thought of clarifying before I proceed with my answer