Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

Last night I had someone finger me. I woke up this morning

Customer Question

Last night I had someone finger me. I woke up this morning and one side of my vagina has extra swollen skin hanging out that clearly does not belong there and has never been there before. I am very worried and don't know if this is just swelling that will go down over time and disappear or if something came out from inside and will always be there? Any thoughts?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, board certified obgyn. I wouldn't be alarmed by your concern about something you notice sticking out of your vagina. It could be one of two things I believe. First, women have small tags of tissue which were part of the hymen membrane from birth. When a woman matures, the hymen has broken down and the remnants can be irritated and swell. They will get better without any treatment. Second, the wall of the vagina has small benign cysts that are never noticed unless irritated. Not all women have vaginal cysts and if they do there might be only one the size of a grape. We leave them alone as they do not cause any problems. Over the next few days you should be fine and reassured. I hope this gives you some peace of mind.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. Will the swelling or peice of skin I now see on the outside disappear after a few days and my vagina will go back to looking like normal? Or will this be what it looks like from now on?

It will go back to normal. Also unlikely to get infected