Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Okay so my LMP 11/22/15... Ovulated 12/10... On 12/21 I had

Customer Question

Okay so my LMP 11/22/15... Ovulated 12/10... On 12/21 I had a positive pregnancy test at home.. Expected period was 12/23.. I went to the doctor on that day and had a positive test and hcg drawn 57 progesterone 23.. The said I was 4 wks and 3 days based on my lmp.. 4 days later I was having some intermittent cramping and got nervous no spotting or bleeding at all I went to ED and hcg was 94.7 and u/s revealed suspious ectopic due to finding a thick wall cystic structure with peripheral vascularity in right adnexa..and differential could be corpus luteal cyst to early to detect because early pregnancy two days later pelvic ultrasound done cervix was closed .. 2 days later ultrasound revealed the same results just slightly bigger from 1.9 to 2.1 cm and hcg 72.6 ( same lab as the level of 94.7) I have had some intermittent pain more like gas pain that goes away when I stretch.. And then goes away.. No spotting or bleeding and have an appointment on Tuesday a week from last hcg and u/s... With my hcg level is possible that from date of conceived 72 is okay or have u ever heard of levels going down then up?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
First hcg was 47 not 57
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 11 months ago.

When the hcg level goes down, it always indicates a bad pregnancy, either a miscarriage or ectopic. Normally the hcg will always rise, generally doubling every 2-3 days. I have never heard of hcg levels dropping in a normal, viable pregnancy.

So I would say that your pregnancy will either end in miscarriage or ectopic. It sounds like your doctors are following you well to figure it out.

I'm sorry.