Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

My daughter is 7yrs old and she has a red dot on her

Customer Question

Hi my daughter is 7yrs old and she has a red dot on her clitorus and it is very itchy. A few weeks ago she got a blister on her vagina lips that went away. And she also had brining from her buttocks when she makes a bowel movement. When you check inside of her whole it's red in a certain spot. That went away as well buy now it's back with the clitorus so right now. She is worried about it and I am too.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This started once she made 7. But since she was like 4 she has been getting blisters in her mouth back to back. She is always in pain.
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 11 months ago.

There is an unusual disease called Behcet's disease where there are ulcers in the mouth and the genital area, as well as various other problems including pain with bowel movements and possible blood in the stools. It's not at all common. There are medications that can help. We don't know the cause.

I would suggest that she see a pediatrician for evaluation. Her symptoms are unusual, so it's best that she see a specialist. Best wishes to you both.