How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Norbert Scheufele Your Own Question
Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 19434
Experience:  specialist at self employed
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr Norbert Scheufele is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** and its about my period. I am

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and its about my period. I am currently on birth control and I have been having a heavy period but I seem to be bleeding through my tampons very quickly, like ever hour and am a little concerned because it has never been this heavy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I have PCOS and I have been on the pill for about a month now because I am sexually active with my boyfriend. I have been having the worst back cramps and like I said very heavy bleeding, more so than in the past. I am changing my tampon ever half an hour to an hour
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to OB GYN Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.


a possibility to reduce the intensity of bleeding in this case is the use of transexamic acid which your OB/GYN can prescribe. It only has to be used during the time of bleeding and should resolve your problem.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.


if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Related OB GYN Questions