Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I seem to have a severe yeast infection and have been ising

Customer Question

I seem to have a severe yeast infection and have been ising OTC treatments that are not helping. The only thing that has changed is I have been deinking Citrucel. Could this be the cauae and what can I do?
Thanks.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

If OTC treatments are not helping, it often means that your symptoms are not from a yeast infection.

In that case, it's usually best to see a doctor to figure out what is causing the symptoms.

Other possible causes include contact irritation, hormonal changes, and various skin conditions.

Citrucel is mainly methylcellulose fiber, which is unlikely to cause vaginal symptoms. Best wishes.