Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had intercourse without using a condom. my partner

Customer Question

i had sexual intercourse without using a condom. my partner provided me with a negative hiv test and donates blood and has allegedly been tested for all stds. three days after intercourse my vagina began burning badly. I have no other symptoms except for that. what can it be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

The most likely cause of your vaginal burning is from atrophic vaginitis. This is the condition where your vaginal tissues are very thin and fragile due to the low estrogen levels after menopause.

It's unlikely to be due to any STD.

If the cause is atrophic vaginitis, the treatment is vaginal estrogen cream. This should clear it up within a few days, and should help to prevent future similar problems.

I would see your doctor for evaluation and probably a prescription for estrogen cream. Best wishes.