Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

Last month I had went to the emergency room abdominal pain

Customer Question

Hi, last month I had went to the emergency room for right abdominal pain and had come to find out it was a 5.2cm ovarian cyst. I have went to the OB GYN a week after and the nurse practitioner said it looks like a Haemorrhagic ovarian cyst and will have a follow up next week to see if it has went away. My question though is when the Emergency room ran blood test they said everything came back normal. I had just recently looked at my results online and one of the tests C reactive protein seemed really high it was 26.6. Should this be a concern and should I ask the doctor next week about it? I have had nausea almost everyday since going to the emergency room and told my OB and they just dismissed it.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 months ago.

C reactive protein is just a general marker for inflammation. It was high because of your body's response to the blood leaking from the cyst. Its a normal response. It may take a cycle or two for the cyst to go away.