Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

Can i take injectable contraception myself?

Customer Question

can i take injectable contraception myself?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.

the medication for injectable contraception has to be given only every 3 month (medroxyprogesteronacetate). I would suggest to visit your OB/GYN for it, but as it is an intramuscular injection, you can also ask him to teach you for doing it yourself.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My boyfriend is a medical resident and he reviewed the drug and everything about it including the benefits, side effects and precautions and he feels he can give it to me himself. He said I'm medically free, and have no health issues that could prevent me from using the injection.He is not a specialist or an OBGYN.He also prefers it over the pills. i just want to get some input, thank you.

in this case I see no contradiction for you to use the injection method that way, your OB/GYN will confirm it too for sure.

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele