Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

My names is ***** ***** I recently started Levlen ED and

Customer Question

Customer: My names is ***** ***** I recently started Levlen ED and that night I had unprotected sex and he pulled out. The leaflet I have said I should have my period 3 days after I started and its been 4 days and I haven't gotten my period yet. Note that the day I started taking it I did get the rod out not sure if that would effect it at all just a bit worried
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I got the implanon on Thursay the 10th of December 2015 and started taking Levlen ED at 7:30pm and I had unprotected sex that night but he pulled out. The leaflet I got said that I should get my period 3 days later and its been 4 days and there hasnt been any sign of my period I have gotten cramps but thats it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to OB GYN Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I am willing to wait a bit
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 11 months ago.

When did your last normal period start?

Why did you start Levlen ED if you had the Implanon?

How many Levlen pills did you take? Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was about 1 month a bit agoI start levlen ed because I was getting really sick so I thought it could have been the implanon making me sick so did my doctorI had taken 1 pill before I had unprotected sex and he pulled out and since then I've had 3

Sorry for the delay. I'm still not clear.

You don't get a period after you start the pill. You get a period in 3 weeks after you finish the active pills. Is that what you're concerned about?