Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

My names is ***** ***** I recently started Levlen ED and

Customer Question

Customer: My names is ***** ***** I recently started Levlen ED and that night I had unprotected sex and he pulled out. The leaflet I have said I should have my period 3 days after I started and its been 4 days and I haven't gotten my period yet. Note that the day I started taking it I did get the rod out not sure if that would effect it at all just a bit worried
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I got the implanon on Thursay the 10th of December 2015 and started taking Levlen ED at 7:30pm and I had unprotected sex that night but he pulled out. The leaflet I got said that I should get my period 3 days later and its been 4 days and there hasnt been any sign of my period I have gotten cramps but thats it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to OB GYN Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I am willing to wait a bit
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

When did your last normal period start?

Why did you start Levlen ED if you had the Implanon?

How many Levlen pills did you take? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was about 1 month a bit agoI start levlen ed because I was getting really sick so I thought it could have been the implanon making me sick so did my doctorI had taken 1 pill before I had unprotected sex and he pulled out and since then I've had 3

Sorry for the delay. I'm still not clear.

You don't get a period after you start the pill. You get a period in 3 weeks after you finish the active pills. Is that what you're concerned about?