Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I took a pregnancy two days ago and it came back positive

Customer Question

I took a pregnancy two days ago and it came back positive this was a surprise as we weren't actively trying. I'm on a medication tramadol for pain and have been taking it for a few years now. I have constant neck pain and headaches. When my test came back positive I immediately stopped the medication and noticed these horrible withdrawal symptoms almost immediately. Extreme panick attack, heart palpitations, depression and so on. I read online and it turns out many people have had the same thing happen to them as well. I read it is best to wean yourself off the medication and not stop it completely. I would never want to harm the baby I really just want to get better and start getting excited about all the wonderful things to come. What do i do? Please help.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 12 months ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your worries. Feel reassured that it's not at all likely that you've caused any trouble at all for your pregnancy. During time of medication withdrawal, it's important to take good care of yourself. Comfort food, baths, massage. If you have chronic pain that needs treatment. you OB can refer you to a physical therapist for proper evaluation and treatment options.

I hope this has been reassuring. Please reply if I can clarify anything or add details.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 11 months ago.

If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.