Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I'm a double amputee and on a lot of drugs everyday,my Dr

Customer Question

Hi i'm a double amputee and on a lot of drugs everyday,my Dr checked my urine 6 weeks in a row,but there is never a sign of any drug in it.He wants to try again next week.Would you have an idea why this could be. Thanks Barry
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified physician. I can help you today.

I'm sorry that you're having this trouble. There isn't anyway to know why without asking your doctor. What drug is he or she concerned about? Why are you getting testing? That may help me figure out what is going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not any one drug i'm on quite a few,but none ever shows uo in my urine tests
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

In that case, you'd have to ask your doctor why they keep testing. From the information you've given me, there's no way for me to understand why they keep testing you. Remember that you are the boss of your health care. No tests can be done without your permission. I personally would never agree to any tests without knowing why they are being done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my urine shows no sign of any drug and i take about 14 a day
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

So maybe they're concerned about why you show no signs of drugs despite taking so many. Maybe you are metabolizing the drugs very quickly. What re you taking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pregabalin,clonazepam,Hydromorph. atorvastatin.Metoprlol.januvia.ramipfil
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

So most likely they're testing for the morphine. Are you needing a change in dosing? Is the pain not well controlled? Those might be reasons why they're testing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't pay another $60 just bpaid $46 lol
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what you're referring to. I'm here to answer your question. If you're having something else going on, I can refer you to customer service. Let me know if I can clarify any question or if I should get customer service to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that could be a reason why my pain dosen't stay away very long
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On a pension can't pay another $60 thanks
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if you are metabolizing the drug quickly, it would show negative on testing and be a reason why your pain doesn't stay away.

Just stick with this chat and then give a feedback rating. There won't be anything extra going on.

Any more questions?

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.