Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Girlfriend ovulated on the 21st of November Had sex with no

Customer Question

Girlfriend ovulated on the 21st of November
Had sex with no ejaculation at all on the 3rd of December
Her period is 3 days late today.
She took a home pregnancy test it was negative but she bled a couple of hours after the test, then started spotting again and it stopped. No cramps or back pains or sore chest. Pls could you tell us the chances of pregnancy
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thanks for requesting me: you can do that any day of the week.

If her period is past due, and the test is an up to date test, it should be accurate.

I would repeat it to make sure there was no error.

Such bleeding, when not pregnancy implantation bleeding, is most often hormonal.

Anything that disrupts the normal balance can cause this, from stress to thyroid problems, liver and kidney problems, weight loss and weight gain.

This should prompt an exam from her OB, to rule out fibroids, endometriosis, infection, etc

Low chance of pregnancy, but a blood test is foolproof.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She got a home pregnancy test that was supposedly a good brand and she did not urinate before hand.
She bled twice but it was also wht very little spotting and with a lot of mucus. She usually always follows a calender and the date of havinng intercourse was actually far from her ovulation period plus there was no ejaculation over but we are just concerned because her period does usually gets delayed by a day or two but tomorrow will be her fourth day without the period signs so what do you think the chances of pregnancy is?

Chances very low.

Same answer as above.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

The rating scale is at the top of the answer page. Let me know if you have problems.

Please click a positive , and let me know if you have further questions on my answers.