Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I started my period and it was extremely light day. Just

Customer Question

I started my period and it was extremely light for one day. Just spotting basically. It was even uncomfortable to put a tampon in. There was some light and dark brown discharge. Then by the end of the day it stop ... This is day three still no blood and I've had mild cramping. My periods usually last three days. Start very heavy with really bad cramps then go light. I have never experienced spotting and mild cramps ever before. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Please help
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

If your pregnancy test is negative, you really have no worries. Your period may be light on occasion. Are you on any birth control?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would cause this to happen
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Ok then it is not a side effect of birth control. It may just be a light cycle this month. as long as you are not pregnant, nothing serious

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shouldn't worry even though it has never happen before
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

No you should not. There is not much a Dr can or would do with a single abnormal bleeding episode.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

do you need more help?