Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

I'm not typically a fan of vaccines but recently had a

Customer Question

Hello, I'm not typically a fan of vaccines but recently had a baby and I am preparing to get a flu shot this week and had a couple questions. When my wife was pregnant she was given a flu shot without preservative or so I thought. I called the near by
urgent care to ask if this was available to me and they said all flu shots have preservatives, I believe the concern is mercury, thimerosal or something similar... I know they make single dose and multi dose options, and have been told that the single dose
is preferable for this reason. Are all single dose flu shots the same or should I request something in particular? Any reason I should go to the doctor over the pharmacy or walk in urgent care for this? Thanks,
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

You may get a preservative free version of a flu shot >> Yes to that ..

Your best bet would be to call a pharmacy to see if they have this available ...

It is the single use type that may be free of preservative ...

Try Walmart as I believe they advertise the preservative free version for those whom desire this and pregnant women..

CVS may be another option in this regard.

I hope that this information is helpful for you. let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD