Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I am hoping to get a little help. Background on me, I am a

Customer Question

Hello, I am hoping to get a little help. Background on me, I am a 33yo woman and I have very long cycles (39 days long) which are always very regular. My last cycle came a week early (10/25). I did start having regular intercourse in mid September (always with a condom). From 11/9 - 11/19 I experienced light spotting. This is not unusual for me to spot around ovulation time (estimated date 11/13) but it is unusual for it to last for so long. On 11/26 I had mild cramps mid-morning and spotting which went away as quickly as it came. I initially thought my period was starting, but it never came. Since then I have been experiencing mild cramping in my lower abdomen on and off quite regularly. A few times I thought my cycle was starting but it has not yet. I was due to begin on 12/2, and still nothing. I took an hpt last night which showed a clear negative. Is it possible to still be pregnant? I'm getting nervous because there do not seem to be signs of it coming anytime soon...
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

It is not likely you are pregnant if this was an up to date test.

However, I would repeat it once.

Your fluctuations and symptoms are most often hormonal.

However, these changes should prompt an exam by your doctor.

Such changes can be a sign of illness, thyroid disease for example....fibroids, estrogen imbalance, liver and kidney problems, and other.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.