Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

About 2 months ago I started having random vibrating

Customer Question

about 2 months ago I started having random vibrating sensations in my vaginal region. there not painful. they last for a few seconds to a couple of minutes.the come more around the time of my period and high emotional stress I read online that it could be related to a low magnesium level but even with vitamins there still happening... whem do i need to go and see a doctor about this, i have regular pap exams and they have always come out negative
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.

The sensations of vibrations are due to muscle fasciculation or twitchings. these can be due to stress, low calcium levels, dehydration, caffeine overdose or due to more serious conditions affecting the nerves and muscles.

In your case, it is likely to be due to stress.

Besides the multivitamin, please also take a calcium supplement and adequate fluids. Gatorade will help replenish any electrolyte deficiencies you may have.

But if you are in a lot of stress, the vibrations will recur.