Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have had mild itching in my vulva couple of years and I

Customer Question

I have had mild itching in my vulva for a couple of years and I always thought it was a yeast over growth but I never found relief from treatment. Today I took a mirror and inspected the area and I found a small red patch and what looks like a black mole and some purple raised area all on the same side where I am itchy. I am now concerned about Vulvar Cancer. Should I be concerned?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

I would at least be concerned enough to see your doctor.

It's difficult to say very much from the description. It could be all benign changes, or it could be cancer.

I would see your doctor for evaluation. Very likely it will require a biopsy or two to know for sure what's going on. Best wishes.