Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had unprotected sex with two people. guy #1 came inside of

Customer Question

I had unprotected sex with two people. guy #1 came inside of me around November 2nd, possibly at a later date but not too long after the 2nd. guy #2 had sex with me November 11th but did not cum inside of me. i took plan b a few hours later. I know this sounds awful, but that same day guy #1 came inside of me again. after that I only had sex with guy #1, and we used condoms. on November 29th I found out I was pregnant. my last period was sometime around Halloween although it was quite light and could have possibly been implantation bleeding. before that "period" I only had sex with guy #1. who could the father be?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should also say that I was feeling pregnancy symptoms about a week, or even two, before I took the pregnancy test on the 29th.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Of course the father could be either since you had sex with both men on the same day. It's most likely the man who ejaculated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you go by when I most likely would have ovulated (assuming my last period was around Halloween), would I have already conceived before I took emergency contraception?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I started feeling pregnancy symptoms a few days after the 11th.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

No you conceived on the 11th unless that period was not a real period

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
even though I had unprotected sex earlier that month and after that period had ended?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

If the oct 31 period was not a real period you may have become pregnant sooner. You need an ultrasound.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you're not answering my other question. I said I had unprotected sex around the second of November, possibly a little after. I asked if it was possible I conceived before the 11th and before I would have taken emergency contraception. you said no and that I would have conceived on the eleventh. but if someone ejaculated inside of me before that day, how is not possible I would have become pregnant?
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Since it was only a light period around Halloween, it's possible that it was implantation bleeding or perhaps just irregular bleeding. So you may have gotten pregnant in October.

An ultrasound will help to know, since it will be able to tell your conception date within 1 week (as long as the ultrasound is done before 10 weeks).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but my other question is still not being answered! let's assume that I did have my period in October. I had unprotected sex before the 11th too in EARLY November. but I was told no that I could not have conceived before that and that I would have conceived on the 11th. I took plan b on the 11th but not any time before that. isn't it possible that I could have conceived before I took the emergency contraceptive? how could it not be possible that I conceived in early November, before those instances on the 11th?

Since you had a positive pregnancy test on November 29, you most likely got pregnant 2 weeks or more before that. And since you had pregnancy symptoms for a week or more before November 29, then you likely got pregnant early November or earlier.

Since you didn't have a definite period late October, it's very hard to know just when you got pregnant without an ultrasound.

With an ultrasound, you'll have a good idea about when you got pregnant.