Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
41363181

I have been struggling past month- two months with frequent

Customer Question

Hi I have been struggling for the past month- two months with frequent urination, pelvic pain and cramping all through the month and irregular heavy periods that are coming every two weeks. During the pelvic exam at the doctor it was very painful which is unusual for me and it hurts a lot to press on my lower abdomen. No bowel changes at all.
Initially with the frequent urination my doctor thought it was a urinary tract infection but two cultures have been sent away and are both coming back as negative for any growth.
I recently had a full pelvic ultrasound and I would like to get help if what the ultrasound showed may be causing my symptoms.
Firstly a swab came back as having bacterial vaginitis which I do not feel any symptoms in my vagina or externally so I am less concerned about that at the moment.
The ultrasound showed an " 8mm lower uterine corpus instramural myoma" and also a "complex left avascular ovarian cyst with low level internal echoes (probably a posthemorhagic cyst"
Please let me know if any of these findings could be responsible for the symptoms I am having of irregular periods, pelvic pain and frequent urination.
Thanks so much
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

an 8mm uterine myoma is a benign muscle mass and would not cause cramps but could bleed and cause heavier periods.

a left avarscular ovarian cyst could cause cramps and pelvic pains.

you might benefit from being on a birth control pill

you should get your blood androgen levels checked. some ovaries produce too much androgen which can cause polycystic ovarian syndrome.

if the birth control pills don't work, you might need to have the cysts removed with surgery

have you tried birth control pills yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr DavidI have never been on birth control but I will speak to my PCP about that. Could either of these ultrasound findings cause the frequent urination?
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 year ago.

most likely they are not causing the frequent urination.

alcohol or caffeine can irritate the bladder and cause you frequent urination.

excessive anxiety can cause nervous bladder and frequent urination as well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com