DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

Im 42 yo i have had a daughter back 20 years ago. I have

Customer Question

hello im 42 yo i have had a daughter back 20 years ago. I have heavy periods also sometimes i recently went for a transvaginal ultrasound and it reads the uterus is anteverted and measures 10.7 x 5 5.5cm. the myometrium is heterogenous and bulky, particularly
posteriorly. Appearances raise the possibility of uterine adenomyosis. There are also 4 small fibroids detected. Thendometrium measures 9mm. There is more prominent thickening of the fundal portion of the endometrium, which appears heterogenous, with irregular
margins. There is an impression of a rounded lesion within the endometrium, measuring ~10 x 17mm. There is some vascular flow within the endometrium. There is no ovarian enlargement.There is a complex cystic lesion in right ovary ? hemorrhagic follicle. There
is a 14mm corpus luteum in the left ovary. No adnexal lesion. No pelvic free fluid. Please doctor explain to me what all this is and is it cancer or not.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.

Hello

From the findings you described absolutely in favor of adenomyosis.

Still for routine check up one DC biopsy is necessary to exclude any abnormal cells in the endometrium. It is an opd procedure.

Thank yous