Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I've had my period 2 months now, very heavy, painful and

Customer Question

I've had my period for almost 2 months now, very heavy, painful and clotting. Went to the doctor, found out I was anemic, blood level was at 23. They did a blood transfusion, and several tests to check my uterus. The diagnosis was anemia and menorrhagia. The solution was a regiment of high dosage birth control, iron and vitamin c. It's been two weeks, my period hasn't gotten better and the cramps are worse. I'm also having trouble using the bathroom, number 2 specifically, it's actually painful and I'm constipated. I have a follow up appointment coming up, should I be worried? They supposedly found nothing wrong with my uterus.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.

in this case the only and urgently required way to resolve the problem will be an ambulatory surgery in form of a curettage of your uterus. Please contact your OB/GYN for this as soon as possible, to avoid further anemia.

Hope you get well soon, best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele