Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I am 25 years old. I am on Junel 1.5/30 birth control pill.

Customer Question

Hi I am 25 years old . I am on Junel 1.5/30 birth control pill. I have been on it for 7months now . I am on day 3 of my placebo pills and I usually get my period on day 3 of the placebo pills and I still haven't gotten my period yet. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative . I was wondering the chances I might be pregnant and if this was normal to not have a period ? Should I wait till all the placebos are gone befor starting my new pack and see if I get my period tomorrow or the next day . I usually don't get it that late into the placebos .
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

If your pregnancy test is negative then you are not pregnant. You should take all the placebo pills before starting a new pack. You should get your period. It does not need to be on the same exact day each time.