Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

I had oral sex with my partner 8 days again and he had the

Customer Question

Hi I had oral sex with my partner 8 days again and he had the end of a cold sore. I went to my GP as I felt itchy and a bit sore and was worried I had contracted genital herpes. She could not see any signs of it after 4 days. On Saturday I saw the gynaecologist and he couldn't see signs of herpes either. Today I have notice tiny pin pricked size red dots on the inside of my vaginal opening. I am still itchy and sore and have a white discharge, and feel a niggle in my vagina at the front near my clitoris. I am also taking acivcilovar. Do you think I am showing herpes signs now?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or Skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

A few questions first to clarify your concern:

1. During sex had you or your partner used any gels, toys, etc?

2. To clarify, your partner gave gave you oral sex on your vaginal area?

3. Have you been tested for Herpes virus (HSV) before? If so when? What was the result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we had not used any toys. Just regular sex and oral sex that he gave me in my vagina. I had a blood test today for HSV1 and HSV2. I am not sure if I have ever been tested for th herpes virus previously.
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your responses.

Generally when so one gets a new viral infection there is a period of time before symptoms occur. In th case of HSV the first appearance of a lesion takes a few weeks, rarely before 2 weeks. During the first 2 weeks following infection you may experience a slight fever. So the symptoms you have described are most likely not die to HSV. They may be due to irritation or reaction to some product or irritation from the friction of the activity.

It is good that you are taking acyclovir if your partner has HSV as a means for prophylaxis. However even if this first testing is negative be due to have a repeat test in 3-6 months after the initial exposure.

For now continue to keep the area clean, avoid perfumed products or any new products. In a few days these symptoms will most likely resolve.

Let me know if you have any further questions as my goal is for you to be completely satisfied.