Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

Monday morning when I got up from bed, my pajama was stained

Customer Question

Monday morning when I got up from bed, my pajama was stained like I had peed on myself, but it wasn't pee because the mattress was not wet, & I always get up at least 2 times at night to pee. Well Wednesday I drove 2 hrs on the road to get home. when I got home I went to the bathroom to pee & there was blood when I wiped, my stomach has been hurting some. I am 54 years old. I had a hysterectomy when I was in my 20's. can you tell me what it is.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like you are beginning to develop a urinary tract infection . An UTI can cause inflammation of the urethra and leakage or urine. It also causes mild bleeding from the inflamed tissues and abdominal pain.

Another cause could be cervical infection if you still have a cervix. An infection of the cervix can cause excessive discharge which may be thin and watery. Inflamed tissues from the infection can also cause pain and bleeding.

A urine test as well as an examination of eh cervix will help identify the cause.