Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
41363181

My 25 year old daughter is complaining of stomach bloating

Customer Question

my 25 year old daughter is complaining of stomach bloating and what she discribes as "womb pain " when she is standing or sitting for long periods of time she has als shared with me this has been chronic for around two years sexual I course can also trigger a episode ,she is terrified she has cancer of the womb.
The most recent episode was brought on by a Pap smear two weeks ago here in UK which I could hear her shouting at the nurse she was in pain and to stop! Pain has been ongoing since this time and she feels womb area is swollen ,she isn't overweight very slender girl she has been using Jasmine as a contraceptive pill for 5 years with a years break between .she is has not been in a relationship for nearly a year now .
Don't know if it's any help but I as a young woman suffered fibroids between birth of my first child by section and second child nine years later .
What can I do to help and reassure her please , she also suffers bi-polar type 2 and her anxiety levels so high it's horrible that I cannot reassure her thank you
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor.

her symptoms are not characteristic of cancer.

more likely something like endometriosis, or uterine fibroids.

she needs more testing like a transvaginal ultrasound to check for endometriosis

I am a cancer doctor.

I can reassure you and her that her symptoms are not from cancer.

but she needs more testing.

has she had a transvaginal ultrasound to check for endometriosis?