Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have 4 or 5 bumps on penis and wondering what they could

Customer Question

I have 4 or 5 bumps on penis and wondering what they could be, no pain on the sores. Could it be a possible yeast infection, had sex with a girl with bacterial vaginosis(didnt find out til later) approx 2 weeks prior to them showing up. Also have masturbated a good amount in that timeframe too
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Is there any chance you could send a picture of the bumps? You can use the paper clip. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I have is the + Add files, I dont see a paper clip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like it went through

Thank you.

I suspect that you have genital herpes, although it's not possible to be certain from pictures.

I'm sure it's not a yeast infection, and not related to the bacterial vaginosis or the masturbation.

I would recommend that you see your doctor. An exam and probably a herpes culture will be able to clarify this.

If it is herpes, there is medication that can help. Herpes is a common genital infection. We can't cure it, but many people live with it. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wouldnt the sores be in more of a cluster? there is no blister and they are very small dots without any pain

No. Sometimes they are in a cluster, but can also be scattered.

Genital herpes sometimes causes significant pain, but sometimes causes no pain at all, and is often overlooked.

The blisters of genital herpes last a very short time. I've never seen blisters, and I've seen hundreds of cases of genital herpes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can they do testing at planned parenthood? Are there any other potential causes? Isn't it unusual for symptoms to show up 2 weeks later? The girl I was with did have Chlamydia, I took Zithromax for a week and a half, any chance it could be a side effect of that?

They can do testing at Planned Parenthood.

There might be other potential causes, but genital herpes is the most likely cause.

It's not unusual for symptoms to show up 2 weeks later.

I don't think there is any chance it could be a side effect of chlamydia or Zithromax.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** starting to go away, if they don't come back its probably not GH, correct, just dont want to pay for testing if its something minor, the girl said she has never had any sores etc.

Genital herpes sometimes comes once and then doesn't return. But it also may return.

The only way to know for sure is with a herpes culture.

Many people get genital herpes and don't have enough symptoms to recognize it and be tested.