Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I currently have a burning sensation inside my vagina as

Customer Question

Hi there.I currently have a burning sensation inside my vagina as well as lower abdominal pain and an An inflamed labia. This all started after a night of quite wild intense sex. We did use protection but at some point I realized he had taken the condom off. I do suffer from endometriosis and and cysts on my left I ovary that does feel a bit sore. I have no discharge just very dry at the moment. Any advice?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also to add that it was a casual encounter. I'm concerned of any std's.
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

As long as the burning began soon after the sex, then it's highly unlikely to be any std, and most likely the result of friction and tiny tears in the skin.

I would sit in water with epsom salts, which will be soothing and healing. Most likely the burning and inflammation will begin to resolve within a couple days, and feel fairly normal within a week.

The abdominal pain might be from an ovarian cyst, but it's hard to be very sure without an exam and perhaps an ultrasound. If it gets better over a few days or so, it's unlikely to be anything serious. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

You're welcome.

Please click on the rating button. Thank you.