Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I am 22 wks pregnant and my cervics has gone from a 2.6 to a

Customer Question

I am 22 wks pregnant and my cervics has gone from a 2.6 to a 2 in 2 weeks. My Dr just sent in an Rx for some gel stuff and said no exercise. I feel they don't seem to worried about if and want a second opinion. Should I be on more restrictions like bed rest or is working 40 hours a week still ok.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today.

I'm sorry you're having some trouble. Just to clarify, it sounds like they've been measuring your cervix and the length went down from 2.6 cm to 2 cm within 2 weeks. Do you know the name of the prescription gel they prescribed? That would be helpful for me to understand more what they're thinking in going on. Research doesn't support that bedrest helps although if a womans job is stressful and she is on her feet a lot, it could help to cut down on work hours.

Please add more details and let me know what I can clarify or explain more. I'd like to be sure you get the most helpful information for your situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct and the name of the Rx progesterone 8 % Gel
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Progesterone gel is used to try to delay preterm birth. Hopefully all will go well. Stay well hydrated enough so that the urine is light yellow. This will decrease the chance of contractions.

Anything else I can clarify or help with more details about?

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks and good luck.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Further questions?