Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

How Cani get rid of a blood blister on my labia?

Customer Question

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne with 30+ years of experience. I can help you today.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with this. Blood blisters on the vulva are very common in older women and rarely require treatment. But if they are bothersome, they can be cauterized or frozen in the office setting. The doctor could inject a small amount of local anesthetic under the skin and use whatever easiest method they have in the office to burn or freeze the lesion. The area generally heals nicely. This is rarely necessary because for themost part blood blisters on the vulva rarely cause any symptoms and are medically harmless.

I hope this was helpful. Please reply if I can provide any details. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.