Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I'm from Italy, i'm 41 years old and in the last

Customer Question

Hi, i'm from Italy, i'm 41 years old and in the last three months i experience ovulation spotting, very little brown discharge about three or four times from 10 to 14 post menses, i per forme ultrasound and pap test in marchio and i have no problems, only
a fibromatous uterus due from my pregnancies. How can rebalance my hormones and stop this problemi that make me worrried?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, pap test and vaginale ultrasound in march. I have no pain and regular menses every 29-30 days that are no heavy and ends in 3 days
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Ovulation sotting is normal. You don't need to worry about it. If you still don't like the spotting, you should take oral contraceptive pills.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doctor, but if it is normal why it happens to me now and not in the past, there are some reasons?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It could indicate a polyp or something else? From march to now it is possibile that a polyps or myoma grows in my uterus?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that the spotting is due to a cervical polyp, an endometrial polyp, the grown myoma, or adenomyosis (endometriosis of the uterus, if you have a severe pain during periods). It is difficult sometimes to detect an endometrial polyp with a normal ultrasound. You should have a saline ultrasound.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no pain and my periods are regular, i have spotting only with cervical mucus, when i begin my ovulatory phase,which seems normale discharge with something brown within, if there is a polyp my my discharge were so?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It is possible there is a polyp.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In tour first response you says that is normale and now it could be a polyp? I don't unterstand
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Because I didn't know you had never had ovulation bleeding until you said it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no bleeding, is cervical fluids sometimes brown, but very little, and i see it only three or four time, then i have trasparent cervical mucus and then stop and after 2 weeks begin my cycle, tgat is not heavy or painful, just 3 days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have in the past some kind of spotting but just 1 or 2 times in a year. I went to my gyn and all were OK. Now i' m confused because i have it for three months, but i know i' m very stressed, and perahps my hormones are crazy after _my 40 Years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for my english, i'm italian
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Any other symptoms besides the spotting? For example, cold intolerance compared to people around you. Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 5,3 feet inch for 158 lb,I have two children , I recently had problems with his teeth , abscesses and after an intervention x putting plants . I have no pleasure in talking with others , I prefer to be alone , I am very attached to my mother because eight years ago I lost my father suddenly . I have a feeling around me only bad things happen and I can not be happy for what I have, I always feel that the catastrophe is around the corner . from August take kefir , fermented milk , and magnesium to try to cheer me up . I started smoking more than usual , about 20 cigarettes a day and notice that my hair is weaker and poor and i have sometimes acne. I haven't medical problem that i know, i perform each year vaginal ultrasound and pap smear, my uterus is a bit big than normal because of my pregnancies told my gyn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With my teeth, sorry
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

So sorry to hear that. Your problem seems to be due to hormonal imbalance because of the stress. Use relaxation and see your doctor to have psychotherapy and antidepressant if necessary. You can also take birth control pills to control the spotting.