Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

I was treated with antibiotics weeks tooth issue. In the

Customer Question

I was treated with antibiotics for 3 weeks for a tooth issue. In the mean time after the 3rd week I started having a yellowish small chunky drainage I thought it was yeast from antibiotics I have complete hysterectomy oopherectomy years ago. The drainage turned brown and I used monistat tx a couple times the last I just completed was 7 day. Thought it was gone started draining yellowish stuff again. Bought kit Walmart to test for yeast or bacterial the swab did turn green which means according to the kit I have bacterial could this be trichimoniasis ? I started flagyl 250 mg x 3 daily. Could this be a sexually transmitted or from the antibiotic threapy?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Manos, obgyn. Many factors to consider but trichimonas usually lots of burning. Your vaginal acidity can be effected by medications and you might have bacterial vaginitis. Flagyl can help that so try it for a week and if still unresolved then you need exam and the use of microscopic exam can help