DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

I have had a dull vibration feeling in my vagina and

Customer Question

I have had a dull vibration feeling in my vagina and buttocks all day it's really irritating
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.

Hi

The sensation of vibration occur when the muscles in that region undergo minor contractions called fasciculations - rather like the tic of an eye. Fasciculations in the vaginal area usually occurs when the nerve carrying sensation from that area is pinched or affected in any way

The major causes are

· Diabetes

· Peripheral artery disease

· Peripheral neuropathy

· Peripheral nerve trauma

· Peripheral nerve compression

· Sciatica

· Vaginal infection

· Cold

· Cerebrovascular accident

Infection of the nerve can also cause the sensation. The nerve supply comes from various nerves all of which originate from nerve fibres from the lower spinal cord. A spinal cord herniation or degeneration of the spinal bones is often associated with vibration of the muscles of the vaginal area. Neuropathy due to diabetes or due to vitamin B deficiencies can also cause these sensations. Dehydration of vitamin deficiencies can cause muscular fasciculation Please consult your doctor and ask to be examined to rule out or confirm any of these causes. Meanwhile do slow stretching exercises. Taking multivitamin supplements containing Vitamin B1, B6 and B12 also helps. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more input.

Thank you