Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN
Experience:  General OB/GYN, complicated obstetrics, complicated GYN
62949540

The ultrasound was October 30th 2015 I was 7 weeks and 4

Customer Question

The ultrasound was October 30th 2015 I was 7 weeks and 4 days at that time. I had sex August 18 with J I had sex August 24 with F I had sex August 25 with R And again with R September 9. I had a period approx Aug. 9-16 And a period September around 12-16
I can't remember but I know it ended the 16 I think it was short but then I think it was regular. I took a plan b Aug. 24 before sex with F. I asked j and f if there was a chance they could be the father and j said absolutely not. And F said no and he did
pull out.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Tim, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the question. Here are my thoughts:

1. On 10/30 you were 7 4/7 wks

2. At this point, the ultrasound is extremely accurate when determining due date or timing of conception

3. The ultrasound is also much more accurate than dating of the pregnancy based on your last menstrual period

4. Based on this ultrasound, your due date should be right around 6/13/2016

5. You conceived on 9/21 (+/- 2-3 dys)

6.

6. So, CONCEPTION OCCURRED BETWEEN 9/18 - 9/24

So, given what you told me the facts are confusing. Is it possible that there is some confusion with the dates that you gave me?

Dr. Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had sex with R all of September at least once or twice a week.
I only had sex with J and F in August.
I just need to know if there's any chance that sex in AUG. 15 and AUG. 24 are possible dads?
I only had one partner all of September.

Thank you for the followup clarification. So, based on your information:

1. You did NOT conceive during the month of August

2. If you were 7 4/7 wks on 10/30, then conception occurred on 9/21

3. This is almost a MONTH after the last intercourse in August

4. 'R' must be the father

Dr. Tim

Please remember to rate my answer POSITIVE.

Do you have any further questions? Please ask.

Please let me know if I answered your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was confused because on October 30th I was told that I possibly concieved September 9th.
I'm told them I had sex with other guys in AUG. I know the exact dates I had sex with them and I know for a fact I only had sex with R after AUG. 25th but the doctors said that conception dates are only a guess and that I needed to do a dna test. Prenatal dna test cost 1,600 and now my current boyfriend wants me to get a prenatal test because of all the misleading info during the ultrasound. How accurate is your answer and do you recommend a prenatal dna test?
How can I explain to my bf what you just answered?

If you can be CERTAIN that the ultrasound on 10/30 placed you at 7 4/7 wks AND that the due date is right around 6/13, then I have NO DOUBT that you conceived on 9/21 +/- 2-3 days. This would place you at 9 0/7wks pregnancy right now. It would be impossible to conceive in late August and have this ultrasound result. Your doctors are just trying to be fair to all of the partners - yes, the only way that you can say anything 100% is to do the paternity test. Perhaps you should consider that for 'R' to remain fully in support of this child, you should do the test after the birth. But, I can be certain that he is the father based on the information that you gave to me.

Dr. Tim

Please confirm that I answered your question. Also, please rate my answer before we are done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned 21 Sept. 29 I've been drinking alcohol mixed drinks how does that affect pregnancy?
What can I do to determine health?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How accurate is the conception date you've just provided me? How can It possibly be wrong?

I am happy to answer this question and feel that I can give you an excellent answer. First, you must rate this answer as POSITIVE and ask these new questions as a new question. In the new question, please start it off with "This question is for Dr Tim...".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that mean I'll be charged again?
I'm not sure how this works

Yes, you will be charged for a new question. I have answered your first question in a very thorough, accurate and professional manner. You should complete the transaction for that question. Your question about drinking during pregnancy is a NEW question. I would be happy to answer, but it will be a new question with a new charge - that is how this works. So, it would be appropriate for you to rate the current question.