Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I need help I'm 8 weeks and I need to know who the father

Customer Question

I need help I'm 8 weeks and I need to know who the father is.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

When was the ultrasound, and exactly how far did it say you are?

When did you have sex with any possible fathers? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ultrasound was October 30th 2015
I was 7 weeks and 4 days at that time.I had sex August 18 with J
I had sex August 24 with F
I had sex August 25 with R
And again with R September 9.
I had a period approx Aug. 9-16
And a period September around 12-16 I can't remember but I know it ended the 16 I think it was short but then I think it was regular.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took a plan b Aug 24

Did you not have sex after September 9?

If you did, what were the dates? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sept. 15 while on my period with R
and sept. 23 with R
And sept. 30th with RI did not have any sex Sept 10-15

With your ultrasound showing 7 weeks 4 days on October 30, that gives you a conception date of September 21. That should be accurate within 5-6 days, so you conceived from September 15 to September 27.

So it appears that R is the father, and it could not be from any sex before September 15.

Plan B can cause irregular bleeding, and I suspect that's why you had some bleeding around the time of conception.

I hope that's helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I count back 7 weeks and 4 days from October 30th. I was told that my conception date was September 9.
Is there any chance that I became pregnant before September. 7 ?
Why was I told misleading information that conception was September 9? How did you come up with Conception date of September 15?
Is there any slight chance that aug. 18 sex and aug. 24 sex got me pregnant?

Who told you that your conception date was September 9?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ultrasound lady and then the Doctor during a consultation. However the Doctor did mention that conception was late September.
The nurse said to count back 2 weeks from the 7 weeks and 4 days. And the Doctor said to count forward as in subtracting 2 weeks from the 7 weeks and 4 days.
I was so confused when I walked out the office. And she said the only way to know is through a paternity test...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found anylabtestnow office they conduct prenatal dna paternity test it cost 1,600 and I have to be 10 weeks. I plan on getting a credit card to pay for the expense but I want to understand the conception date "math" first.

You actually count back 5 weeks 4 days, since we traditionally (and with ultrasound) date pregnancies from first day of last period. The ultrasound will assign your last period to be 2 weeks before your conception date.

On my calculator, your conception date is September 21, using your ultrasound dates.

There is no chance that you conceived before September 9.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just not sure how long my September period lasted and that's what also scares me. And do you think a prenatal dna test is necessary?
I think that I'd be further along if I had conceived late aug or early September?
I was also told my due date is June 15 how accurate is the answer?
I'm sorry. I feel like I've been told nothing but misleading information. And it's causing a lot of anxiety. I just need to know answers and support or example to proof the accuracy.

An early ultrasound is very accurate (within 6 days either way) in predicting the conception date and the due date. When your actual period was and how long it lasted don't really make any difference. The ultrasound is far more accurate.

If all that you've told me is accurate, I don't think a prenatal dna test is necessary.

The due date is also accurate within 6 days.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How many weeks am I right now?

9 weeks 1 day.