DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

Can anaphylaxis cause a miscarriage? I had a severe reaction

Customer Question

Can anaphylaxis cause a miscarriage? I had a severe reaction to the Anti D injection. It was dealt with quickly and the baby heart beat etc were fine before I left the hospital. Less than 24 hours after my waters broke and I went into labour. The baby
has gone for testing/post mortem. What will this tell me if anything ? If there is any connection will the tests show this? Thank you
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Sad news.How many weeks you was pregnant?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nearly 19

Thanks for your answer, though I ma late to give the answer,please excuse me.

So you had second trimester abortion after an episode of anaphylaxis due to anti d gama globulin.

In my opinion this miscarry is not related with any congenital abnormality of the fetus or any defect from your part.Any severe health situation like shock due to any reason,systemic infection or even high grade temperature or even any severe illness may cause early induction of labor and delivery of the fetus.

You have to wait for the final report of pm of the fetus but I think it will come normal.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will or can there be any indicators that the anayphylaxis was the cause?either with the fetus or my blood results etc. Or will I just never know?