Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

I have a milky substance leaking from my vagina. It doesn't

Customer Question

I have a white milky substance leaking from my vagina. It doesn't happen all the time. My husband found it when him and I were having sex, it was all over his penis and he got worried. Is this something i should be worried about?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern.

The vagina is a unique organ, and will produce vaginal fluid, also know as natural lubrication. The consistency and amount of lubrication depends on various factors like nutrition, hydration or having sufficient water, hormone. During sex the lubrication can become copious, but it is not dangerous; it can depend on the degree of your arousal and stimulation. It is just something to be aware of but not alarmed.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this question as my goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer.