Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

I'm 46 got my period today after not getting 4 years is it

Customer Question

I'm 46 got my period today after not getting for almost 4 years is it normal?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Well no that is not a normal pattern. There are different possible explanations. I would advise follow up with your gynecologist. It could be that some condition has suppressed your menstrual cycle other than menopause such as hypothyroidism or PCOS or elevated prolactin . It could be that you are menopausal but now have some post - menopausal bleeding . The bot***** *****ne is that you need to have this checked out further .

I hope that this information is helpful.Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD